Propagator Ventures Privacy and Cookie Notice
This notice sets out how Propagator Ventures AS (PV) collects, uses, and protects any information that you provide PV when you use this website or otherwise interact with us via email or through other channels, including on social media. In this Privacy and Cookie Notice the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to PV.
PV is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website or other communications channels you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. By visiting our website or contacting us through other means you consent to the collection and use of information in line with this policy.
- Who we are?
- Why do we collect your personal data and what do we do with it?
- How do we collect information and which data do we collect?
- Websites of third parties
- External resources
- How we share your personal data
- Personal data storage duration
- Under 18?
- Cookies used on our website
- Your right to privacy and control of your personal information
- Your right to complain to the national data protection authority
Who we are?
This website is owned by PV. It and our social media channels are operated by us. PV is the data controller of the personal data collected through the website and by other means. Queries you may have regarding this notice, or related to the exercising of your rights may be directed to the contact point listed below:
Propagator Ventures AS
Haakon VIIs gate 2
Why do we collect your personal data and what do we do with it?
When you choose to submit personal data through voluntary interaction with us, we will use the information you provide for the ordinary conduct of our business, i.e., the management of venture capital funds. To provide such services we specifically use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide venture capital management services and products requested and/or purchased by you and to communicate with you about such services and fund products. We do so as necessary to carry out contracts and commitments entered into with you as a client or prospective client and in accordance with our legitimate interest to operate a venture capital investment business.
- To contact you by email, telephone, text messages or other forms of electronic communication regarding our services and business operation.
- To recommend fund products or, from the perspective of a prospective portfolio company, to inform you of our investment strategy and approach, that we think you may be interested in. We do so in accordance with our legitimate interest to attract qualified investors in our venture capital funds, to engage with prospective portfolio companies into which we might consider investing and service our existing portfolio companies.
- To provide you with news, updates and general information about services and events that are like those that you have already enquired about, unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- To respond to and process requests, enquiries and complaints received from you, in line with our legitimate interest to provide our clients, prospective clients, and existing or prospective portfolio company representatives with a responsive service.
- To analyze webpage and social media trends, usage, and profiles, for our legitimate interest to tune, enhance and modify our external communications for the benefit of our existing and prospective fund clients and portfolio companies.
- To update and maintain our records, in accordance with our legitimate interest to do so and/or when required by legislation.
- To help detect and prevent attempts at fraudulent behaviour, including money laundering and terrorism financing, or in defense of legal claims, in accordance with our legitimate interest to do so.
- Where legally required or where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, to comply with requests from law enforcement and regulatory authorities.
If you have questions regarding these processing purposes or the legal bases or wish to withdraw your consent of our use of your personal data, please get in touch with Propagator Ventures via the following email address: email@example.com. We are committed to responding to your query as soon as possible.
How do we collect information and which data do we collect?
We collect your personal data as specified below that you voluntarily provide to us when you visit our website, accept the placement of cookies on your computer, request to receive a presentation or investment memorandum, book a meeting or your attendance at an event (physical or online), communicate with us via email, telephone or through other channels, including on social media, including Facebook, Medium, Twitter and LinkedIn:
- automatically collected usage data, including, but not limited to your browsing device (including mobile) types and versions, IP-address and device IDs, operating system, sections of the web-page visited and time expenditure, and other diagnostic data.
- data that may be used to identify or contact you, including your name, job title and business/educational affiliation, email and/or postal address.
- username(s), identity and/or employer affiliation on social media.
- demographic information such as country of origin, postcode, preferences, and interests.
- other personal information relevant for the dissemination of electronic information, such as newsletters, presentations, investment memoranda and articles.
- Information you provide to us during communications you have with us, whether by email, telephone, in person, through or website or via social media.
We occasionally supplement personal data collected by information obtained from other sources including from social media platforms, websites, or search engines.
Websites of third parties
How we share your personal data
Certain data collected by Propagator Ventures is shared with third parties. We will not sell or make your personal data available for commercial use by other companies or organizations. Specifically, the following third parties may or will store copies of your personal data on behalf of PV:
Workspace by Google: PV uses Google’s suite of collaborative productivity apps for the handling of email, document editing and storage, video meetings and shared calendars. PV’s data are stored in this system and email correspondence or documents containing your personal data is stored in Google Workspace.
Permian Business Partner AS (PBP): PBP provides PV with business support services, including accounting and administrative services pertaining to the operation of our venture capital business. Your personal data may be shared with PBP and their subcontracted providers of cloud-based IT-services.
HubSpot: PV uses the cloud-based HubSpot customer relation management (CRM) software suite to organize contacts, investment leads and portfolio companies. PV’s data is stored on HubSpot’s product infrastructure, including documents and files containing your personal data.
Calendly: PV uses Calendly for online appointment scheduling services. In cases where a meeting with is booked via the Calendly app your personal data is stored on Calendly’s product infrastructure.
Zoom Video Communications: PV may organize and host meetings with existing or prospective investors, representatives from portfolio companies and invitees to events etc. via the Zoom Video Communications platform. Your personal data in the context of Zoom meetings is stored in the Zoom cloud.
Personal data storage duration
Personal data is retained for as long as is required for legitimate business and/or legal reasons and in line with regulatory obligations. Personal data records will be deleted once they are no longer relevant for the purpose of our collection, usage, and storage.
Our services do not target individuals under the age of 18 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from minors. Should you be made aware that your child has shared personal data with us, please get in touch for us to remove this information from our systems.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. While we strive to prevent unauthorized disclosure and data breaches, we cannot offer a guarantee regarding its absolute security.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which sections of the webpage are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve the site We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes; the data is subsequently removed from the system.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Cookies used on our website
Google Webfonts: We also apply external services as of Google Webfonts. Since these providers may collect personal data like your IP-address, we allow you to disable them, based on your preference.
Your right to privacy and control of your personal information
You are entitled to request details about the personal data we have collected about you, where the data has been collected from and how we use this data. You also have the right to be informed about how long we keep your personal data and record, and with whom it is shared. You may also have the right to request data portability.
Should you claim that the data we hold on you is inaccurate or incomplete you have the right to request that it be corrected. You also have the right to object to PV’s processing of your personal data and for its use for marketing purposes. Please get in touch at the address listed above should you have any queries, rectifications or wish for our processing of your personal data to be terminated.
Your right to complain to the national data protection authority
Should you not be satisfied that our private data practices are consistent with our obligations you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant national data protection authority; in the case of Norway Datatilsynet.